Dr. Rashad Trabulsi's team at Manhattan Wellness Group, your local New York City Chiropractor, have developed 3 hamstring stretches to support your back and core.
Great for individuals with reduced mobility or exceptionally tight hamstrings. To perform this stretch:
- Sit on a chair with another chair across from you.
- Rest one foot on the ground and the other upon the chair across from you.
- Straighten the back and lean forward over the extended leg.
- Once a stretch is felt in the upper, rear thigh, hold that position for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat at least three times per leg.
Another stretch can be done while lying down. To perform this stretch:
- Lie on the floor with one leg flat.
- Tighten the abdominal muscles while lifting the opposite leg, keeping it straight.
- Wrap a towel or belt around the instep of the elevated leg, using it to pull the leg back towards you.
- Once a stretch is felt, hold the position for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Switch legs and repeat at least 3 times per leg.
A great alternative to the seated chair stretch. Here is how it's done:
Lie on the floor near the corner of a wall or a door jamb.
Leaving one leg straight on the ground, place the other against the wall, bent at the knee.
Slowly straighten the leg against the wall while keeping your hips on the floor.
Hold your leg stretched against the wall for about 15 to 30 seconds.
Repeat 2 to 3 times for each leg.
All of these stretches have been tested and approved by Dr. Rashad Trabulsi, proud owner of Manahttan Wellness Group, your local New York City Chiropractor.
Convenient NYC Locations