What is the TENS Unit?
A TENS (transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation) unit is a small, rechargeable battery-powered, portable machine that stimulates nerves to control pain. This treatment works best for those trying to reduce short-term (acute) pain. However, it is used successfully to treat chronic pain.
TENS units are adjustable and provide the right stimulation for your particular issue. The unit is placed in different areas of your body, depending on where you have the pain. The current then travels through your skin, stimulating specific nerve pathways. There is no need to worry about the electrical current because it is mild and will not shock. It will produce a mild tingling or massaging sensation. Clinically, TENS has been widely used for patients with pain. It is a very safe and non-invasive technique.
The TENS unit is suitable for both acute pain and chronic pain conditions such as:
- Cervical spondylosis
- Low back pain
- Myofascial pain syndromes
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Phantom limb pain
- Post-operative pain
- Spinal cord disorders
What is Dr. Stim wireless TENS Unit?
Dr. Stim is type of TENS therapy, an incredible devise that has been created to be easy to use so that everyone that can operate a smart phone can operate it. The device is placed on the patient’s body parts where they feel the pain .Then the current travels through the skin to stimulate certain nerve pathways. The electric current is increases through the App and easily controlled by the phone. The App memorizes the level or program of your choice for future repeated treatments.
- Revolutionary new wireless Bluetooth Unit for the muscle and joint pain
- Easy to operate through the application on your phone
- W:58mm H:14mm, wireless, and mini size, built-in battery
- One App can control two devices at same time
- Provide 6 modes and programs for your situation
- Intensity of 20 levels with frequency of 1-110Hz
- Designed to stimulate acupressure points
- Portable and easy to operate
- USB charger makes it safe in the home or car
- Automatically powers down after each cycle