Knee pain can bring a lot of discomfort into one’s life. Some of the most common reasons for knee pain are sprained ligaments, meniscus (cartilage) tears, and tendonitis. At Manhattan Wellness Group, we have physical therapists, massage therapists, chiropractors, and doctors on board to customize a treatment plan for you and provide the best care possible.
- Knee pain can be localized to a specific area of the knee or be diffuse throughout the knee.
- Knee pain is often accompanied by physical restriction.
- A thorough physical examination will usually establish the diagnosis of knee pain.
- The treatment of knee pain depends on the underlying cause.
- The prognosis of knee pain is generally good, although it might require surgery or other interventions.
The location of the knee pain can vary depending on which structure is involved. With infection or an inflammatory process, the whole knee might be swollen and painful, while a torn meniscus or fracture of a bone gives symptoms only in one specific location. The severity of the pain can vary, from a minor ache to severe and disabling pain.
Some of the other issues that may arise from knee pain are:
- difficulty walking due to instability of the knee
- limping due to discomfort
- difficulty walking up or down steps due to ligament damage
- locking of the knee (unable to bend the knee)
- redness and swelling
- inability to extend the knee.
Sometimes strengthening the muscles around the knee will make it more stable and help guarantee the best mechanical movements. This can help avoid injuries or further worsening of an injury.
Steroid injections can help arthritis and other inflammations of the knee. Lubricants that are similar to the fluid already in your knee joint can help with movement and pain.
If your knee pain is minor, we have some homecare products that can relieve knee pain.
The Kinesio Taping is a rehabilitative taping technique designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting its range of motion. It stabilizes the muscles of an injured area. In addition to adding flexibility and stability, it can reduce swelling, promoting blood flow to the muscles.
Our Electric Acupuncture Pen is designed to focus on specific pain areas and provide muscle relaxation by nerve stimulation. With frequent use of this electronic massager, you will be able to reduce pain, boost your mood, and relax. Simple operation, easy to carry. Safe and effective, with no side effects.
The treatment of Knee Pain requires an integrated approach. Call us to make an appointment and to check your insurance coverage. We work together to provide a comprehensive approach to therapeutic care, offering individualized treatment.