Stretching and Strengthening at Manhattan Wellness Group
Lower Back Stretching and Strengthening Exercises - Occupational Physiotherapy
Dr. Rashad Trabulsi and James Yu welcome you to Manhattan Wellness Group. We specialize in Joint and Spine Health. Our industry leading experts in Pain Management, Chiropractic Care, Physical Therapy and Acupuncture companies are dedicated to serving patients in the greater Manhattan and Brooklyn area. "We Got Your Back"
At Manhattan Wellness Group we take a team approach, consisting of a medical doctor, chiropractor, acupuncturist, and physical therapists to help you achieve better health, wellness, and general well being and are dedicated to serving patients in the greater Manhattan and Brooklyn area.
Stretches to Reduce Back Pain
- Modified Cobra:
- Lie face down with your body fully extended
- Bend your elbows and put your hands flat on the ground even with your chest
- Gently press down on the floor to raise your head and upper body, keeping your pelvis flat on the floor
- With your arms fully extended, hold this position for approximately 10 seconds
- Childs Pose:
- Position yourself on the floor on hands and knees with your knees just wider than hip distance apart.
- Turn your toes in to touch and push your hips backwards bending your knees.
- Once you reach a comfortable seated position, extend your arms forward fully and allow your head to fall forward into a relaxation position.
- Hamstring Stretch:
- Lay flat on your back and interlock fingers of both hands under the hamstring of one leg
- Keeping the leg as straight as possible, slowly lift the leg until tension is felt (you should not feel discomfort, only tension)
- Hold for 10-20 seconds and repeat with the opposite leg
The Importance of Stretching and Strengthening in Preventing Future Injuries
Dr. Rashad Trabulsi and his team at Manhattan Wellness Group endores regular stretching program. Adhering to a stretching schedule and seeing a professional for regular stretching sessions can help lengthen your muscles and make daily living activities easier. Stretching can result in the following benefits if conducted regularly:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased range of movement in the joints
- Enhanced muscular coordination
- Increased circulation of the blood to various parts of the body
- Increased energy levels (resulting from increased circulation)
The most obvious and established benefit of stretching and strengthening muscles is to help with flexibility and range of motion. A combination of exercise, stretching and physical activity deliver oxygen and nutrients to your tissues helping your health and any natural healing processes the body is performing. Building endurance and training muscle through these techniques are important factos in injury prevention. Many of today’s complaints of back, neck, shoulder, or discomfort in other areas are related to imbalance and weakness in the postural muscles of the neck, low back, and core.
Manhattan Wellness Group's treatment plan initially incorporates Stretching and Strengthening to promote pain-free range of motion. As pain stops in the second phase of care, stabilization exercises are started to promote good posture and balance to prevent re-injury.
We treat all conditions related to Spine Health, Back Pain, Neck Pain, and other joint pain
Why Choose Manhattan Wellness Group For Your Pain Relief & Wellness Needs?
Top Rated Doctors
Top Rated Therapist
Multiple NYC Locations
Fast Responsive Service
Friendly Helpful Staff
Wellness at Manhattan Wellness GroupWe work with patients to help them achieve their optimal health goals
Come See Us!
With four locations in Manhattan and one in Brooklyn, we cover the entire NYC area. Call now to book an appointment to see our team!
Mon.-Fri. 10am - 8pm
Closed Sat. & Sun.New York, NY 10022
(Corner of Lexington & 54th St.)(212)335-0447
New York, NY 11201
(Corner of Hicks and Clark St.)Mon. Wed. Fri. 10am-8pm Tue 1pm-8pmSat. 10am-5pm, Closed Thurs. Sun. (718)596-2448