Ultrasound Therapy at Manhattan Wellness GroupWe treat all conditions related to Spine Health, Back Pain, Neck Pain, and other joint pain
How Does Ultrasound Work?
Ultrasound machines generate high frequency, inaudible sound waves. These sound waves travel through the skin and into the body. In the process, the effected area experiences increase in local blood flow. This increase in bloodflow results in a reduction in chronic swelling and scar tissue breakdown. The bloodflow also carries nutrients to the focused area as well.
How does Ultrasound Help You?
Ultrasound helps to:
- Decrease swelling
- Relieve pain and/or muscle spasms
- Promote healing
- Relieve tightness in the body tissues
- Prepare the muscle or joint for stretching or exercise
What are the Common Uses of Ultrasound?
Ultrasound is commonly used for the following conditions:
When to not use Ultrasound Therapy:
- If you have certain types of cancer
- If you have a plastic joint implant