Sleep apnea is a disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. You may have sleep apnea if you snore loudly, and you feel tired even after a full night's sleep.
- Loud snoring, which is usually more prominent in obstructive sleep apnea
- Episodes of breathing cessation during sleep witnessed by another person
- Abrupt awakenings accompanied by shortness of breath, which more likely indicates central sleep apnea
- Awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat
- Morning headache
- Difficulty staying asleep (insomnia)
- Excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia)
- Attention problems
What is insomnia?
insomnia may be one of the most common afflictions in the United States. insomnia is commonly encountered in clinical practice; reportedly, with a prevalence of nearly 40% in certain populations. insomnia is a condition in which a person is not getting enough sleep. insomnia is one of the most common complaints in acupuncture. insomnia does not only apply to people who cannot sleep at all; many people suffer from sleeping disorders such as difficulty falling asleep or sleeping through the night.
How Do You Treat insomnia?
Acupuncture can also help in treating insomnia. Patients who receive acupuncture fall asleep faster, are less aroused at night, and less stressed. Vitamins and herbs can also help. Usually a minimum of six visits is required to see results, acupuncture has a cumulative effect. It attacks the disharmony in the body that is causing the sleep disturbance.