A TENS (transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation) unit is a small, portable machine that stimulates muscles in order to control pain. This treatment works best for those trying to reduce short-term (acute) pain, however, it has been used successfully to treat chronic pain
TENS units are adjustable and provide the right stimulation for your particular issue. Your chiropractor can adjust the intensity by controlling the voltage and the length of each pulse. The pads shown above, known as electrodes, are placed in different areas of your body depending on where you have the pain. The current then travels through your skin, stimulating specific nerve pathways. There is no need to worry about the electrical current because it is mild and will not provide any kind of shock. In fact, it will produce a mild tingling or massaging sensation
The TENS unit works two different ways. The first is called the Gate Control Theory. In your spine is a neural gate that opens and closes depending on the signals it gets. When the gate is open, the signals make it to the brain. When it is closed, the signals do not make it to the brain. The TENS frequencies keep the gate closed, keeping pain signals from reaching the brain.
The other way the TENS unit works is through the Endorphin Release Theory, where the electric stimulation causes the body to produce endorphins. Endorphins are natural painkillers that work much like morphine and block pain messages from reaching the brain. The good thing about endorphins is that you get the pain relief without the side effects of drugs
The TENS unit is good for both acute pain and chronic pain conditions such as:
- Cervical spondylosis
- Low back pain
- Fibrositis/Myofascial pain syndromes
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Phantom limb pain
- Post-operative pain
- Spinal cord disorders
- Pain in the terminally ill
- Labor pain
Clinically, TENS has been widely used for patients with pain. It is a very safe and non-invasive technique
Studies Show TENS Unit is Effective in Relieving Pain
Ottawa General Hospital in Ontario, Canada tested the effectiveness of the TENS unit in treating osteoarthritis of the knee. Different alternating levels of TENS unit use such as stronger pulses and wider bursts showed increased pain relief in the knees. Pain relief from the TENS unit was measurable and knee stiffness improved. Ottawa General Hospital indicated that TENS units are effective in pain control.
Dr. Stim | Best Wireless TENS Unit for Pain, Shoulder, Hip, Knee And Back Pain Relief
– High Tech Medical Device for Nerve & Back Pain Relief
– New promising high tech medical device could help move people away from prescription drugs for pain
– Revolutionary new wireless TENS
What is Dr. Stim wireless TENS Unit?
Dr. Stim is type of TENS therapy, an incredible devise that has been created to be easy to use so that everyone that can operate a smart phone can operate it. The device is placed on the patient’s body parts where they feel the pain .Then the current travels through the skin to stimulate certain nerve pathways. The electric current is increases through the App and easily controlled by the phone. The App memorizes the level or program of your choice for future repeated treatments.
- Revolutionary new wireless Bluetooth Unit for the muscle and joint pain
- Easy to operate through the application on your phone
- W:58mm H:14mm, wireless, and mini size, built-in battery
- One App can control two devices at same time
- Provide 6 modes and programs for your situation
- Intensity of 20 levels with frequency of 1-110Hz
- Designed to stimulate acupressure points
- Portable and easy to operate
- USB charger makes it safe in the home or car
- Automatically powers down after each cycle
How to buy best wireless tens unit? Dr. Stim
Buy Now at Manhattan Wellness Group!